Friday, May 5, 2023

Wong Update

Anybody bored with the Connor Wong cards might need to ignore this site for a little bit.  I try to keep them together as best I can, but there are a LOT coming.

Anyway, here is the next update:

This one is sort of odd.  This is a 2022 Topps Transcendent VIP Baseball Party card that is a 1/1.  I have seen a few other Wong cards out there that are the same thing, but with a different pattern on the front.  This was the least expensive so I grabbed it.  The issue here is that these cards are not listed on TCDB.  The information I have been able to pick up on it is that each box of Topps Transcendent includes an invitation to a VIP party where attendees are given a bunch of random items, including special packs.  Because there is no checklist available of what is out there, TCDB has not been able to verify what is out there and has not listed the cards.  So, my actual count of Wong cards is one higher than TCDB shows I have.

The first card in this scan is the Silver Shimmer parallel of Prizm.  This card is serial-numbered to just seven.  The second card is not a mistake, it was an extra in the package.  I suppose I could refer to Seabold as Connor Wrong from now on.  Still, I didn't have this card, so I added it to my collection.

This is the Red Donut Circles parallel from Prizm, just one of the many mindless parallels out there.  And yet, I still try to grab them.

This is more like it.  This was a lot that I picked up with five new cards, including two autographs.  There was a second copy of the Chrome auto and a Sepia Refractor as well, but those were duplicates.  This was one of my best buys so far.  This is the Chrome Rookie Autograph, Xfractor, Refractor, Sonic Refractor (the RC logo is larger and swapped sides with the Topps Chrome logo) and Stadium Club autograph.  A couple of the lower-end cards I had coming in a huge COMC order that I have yet to receive, but these made it first.  The Stadium Club auto is my favorite here.

This is the Topps Gallery Blue Pattern parallel and is serial-numbered to 50.  The Topps Gallery cards are nice because the picture is not used anywhere else at this time.

I think this is the Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Signature Carolina Blue Velocity parallel.  I said I think because it and the Teal version are both serial-numbered to 49.  When I bought this, it was listed as Teal, but I am pretty sure that color is Carolina Blue.  See what I mean about mindless parallels?  Now, I originally bought one that was numbered to 49 that was listed as Blue, but looked either Teal or Carolina Blue in the picture, but the seller cancelled the listing saying they must have previously sold it, so I grabbed this one, that was listed as Teal, but appears to be the Carolina Blue.  I will look for the Teal later, I am happy to have one of the two right now.

The last card of the day is the Diamond Kings Rookie Expression relic card.  This is actually the first plain relic I have picked up so far.  

That's it for now, like I said, there is a LOT coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment