Tuesday, May 2, 2023

A Wong-derful Mailday Pt. 2

I will come up with some better titles later, I promise.  But, this one works for what I have going on today.  

Here is the next batch of Connor Wong cards, with a LOT of high-end stuff.

Up first is a 2022 Panini Select Rookie Jumbo Gold patch card.  This is a pretty awesome patch that looks like it comes from one of the O's in the city name on the away jersey.  This card is numbered to just 10.  My Tzu-Wei Lin collection was notably missing relic cards.  Wong has quite a few of them.  This is already my second patch card.

One of the reasons Wong has SO many cards is that he appears in several of the insert sets in Panini Chronicles, each of which have several parallels of their own.  This is from the Contenders and is the Gold parallel.  Again, this is numbered to just 10.

Here is the Panini Prizm Rookie Autographs base version.  This card also has a number of parallels.

This is the Cracked Ice parallel of the first card.  It is patch card number three already and is serial-numbered to 25.  I was getting concerned about this card coming in.  I got an email notification that it had been delivered last Thursday, but took until Saturday to show up.

One of the sets from last year that I kind of ignored when it came out was Topps Chrome Sonic.  I viewed the premise as kind of strange and thought it was just yet another iteration of the flagship set.  So, I never really bothered to look at it much.  But, when I started this collection up, I had a chance to look at some of the parallels and they are kind of interesting.  This is the Black and White RayWave parallel, one of the less rare ones.

Here is my first Wong 1/1.  This is from Panini Prizm and is the Gold Vinyl parallel.  It took quite a while to add my first Lin 1/1, so Wong is a bit ahead of the curve here.  Prizm is one of those sets with possibly dozens of parallels.

Patch card number four also has an autograph and is from a home jersey.  This is actually the base version of the Panini National Treasures set.

One of the more interesting, and bizarre-looking, parallels from Prizm is this Snake Skin parallel.  It is serial-numbered to 50.  I kind of targeted this one because it is so strange looking.

The last card for this post is patch card number five.  I am not sure what that patch is there, I suspect it is from a minor league uniform, but I do not really know.  It is damn cool though.  I definitely like this one a lot.

That's it for now, but there are a LOT of Wong cards coming.  These are some of the more high-end cards for now.  

3 comments:

  1. Dang lots of nice shiny and heavy hitters right away with this one. Congrats on these adds. Didn't realize how much the patches are actually starting to incorporate more colors now and not just large stretches of nondescript gray/white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice. About as nice as Wong having himself a two homer night on the day you posted these.

      Delete
    2. That was definitely exciting. And it wreaked havoc with my watchlist on Ebay. He keeps going like this, and prices are going to climb.

      Delete