Saturday, May 20, 2023

Panini Trade

I know this is not necessarily the prevailing opinion, but I actually liked Panini.  I would have preferred if they had a Major League license of course, but it was nice to have other options.  Topps keeps rehashing the base set.  Yeah, Panini tended to overuse photos (particularly evidenced in my Connor Wong collection), but that's not exclusive to them.

So, this trade had four Panini cards out of the five total.

1.  Trevor Story.  This is the Blue Camo parallel from Panini Mosaic.  Story has been making strides toward returning early from his injury.  Boston could use his defense.

2.  Jarren Duran.  One of the biggest stories on the team this year is the resurgence of Duran.  His speed was never in doubt, but he is having an excellent season at the plate.

3.  Rafael Devers.  His average is not great so far, but his power numbers have been impressive.

4.  Rafael Devers.

5.  Tyler McDonough.  McDonough is currently the #31 prospect in the Red Sox system.  He is a good defensive player who can play a variety of positions.  Unfortunately, there are several similar players in the system.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah MA, I've currently got a few Yoshida RCs (just the paper base) from '23 Bowman headed my way and I'll have a spare, do you still need one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do. I have not managed to get one yet. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Alrighty, seller hasn't shipped to me yet but when I get them I'll ship one off to you.

      Delete