Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Topps Now: April 23, 2023

I have mentioned before that I am very excited about Masataka Yoshida.  Ever since he was signed, I have been excited.  His signing was maligned in the press and on social media, but I was always excited about it.  Other than a little slump, he has proven to be everything he was touted to be, and more.  His biggest game though was on April 23.

That day, Yoshida had two hits, both in the same inning.  And both were home runs.  He drove in six runs, because one of those home runs was a grand slam.  Boston ended up winning the game by a score of 12-5.  This was somewhat early in his resurgence after the slump.  He kept getting better from there.

1 comment:

  1. To me all of those comments about his contract seemed more like people wanting to get jabs in at the Red Sox for letting Bogaerts go (and to a lesser extent also for letting Betts go) over the Macho Man himself. If he signed that deal with any other team I'd assume the reception would've been a bit more akin to "a little pricey but after Cohen ran amuck that's about right for this market".

    ReplyDelete