Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Wong Turn

No heavy metal reference today.  This is a horror movie reference.

Let's get into this:

This buy was supposed to be limited to just the card on the right end.  This is the Panini Chronicles Contenders Optic Cracked Ice Blue card.  That's a mouthful.  This card is serial-numbered to just 25.  The seller included a bunch of extras, of which two were new.  The first one is the Miguel Bleis Chrome Prospect card from 2023 Bowman.  This is my first Bleis card.  Bleis came into the season as Boston's #3 prospect, but is now #2 since Triston Casas is no longer a prospect.  Bleis looks like a five-tool player.  The second card is the Stadium Club Chrome base card, which I had coming in another package, but this is fine too.

Up next is the Donruss Optic Pandora Prizm.  This card is serial-numbered to 99.

This one is different.  This is yet another one from Panini Chronicles, but this is the Origins Silver Signature.  This one is numbered to 49 and is my first variation from this particular card.

Here is yet another Optic parallel.  This is the Spirit of '76 Prizm, serial-numbered to, of course, 76.  There are a number of patriotic parallels from this set.  

This is the Sepia parallel from Stadium Club.  I still need to track down the rookie variation of the Stadium Club card, the one with the 1992 design.  I did not realize that would be that hard to find.

Another new one.  Sort of.  This is the Cherry Blossoms parallel from Topps Japan.  It is my first Topps Japan card in my Wong collection.  This is yet another variation of the flagship set, other than the Japanese flag in the right corner.  This card is serial-numbered to 99 and is at least a very interesting parallel.

Here is the Bowman Chrome Yellow Refractor autograph.  This is numbered to 75 and was another card I had on watch that suddenly disappeared after his big game.  He has been in a bit of a slump since, unfortunately.  

Here is another of those patriotic parallels from Optic.  When I bought this card, the seller listed it as a Candy Cane parallel.  It is actually the Freedom Prizm parallel.  It is serial-numbered to 46.

This is the Gray Frame parallel from Panini Diamond Kings, still one of my favorite sets for Wong cards.

And finally, this is the Fuchsia parallel from Bowman.  I think.  I'm pretty sure.

There are still a number of Wong cards to go, but I am getting frustrated with sellers not sending cards or not being able to find stuff.  I do not what is going on, but I have had two cancelled orders, one item that I had to file an Item Not Received claim, and have been currently waiting more than a week to hear from another seller.  I am a bit OCD when it comes to collecting and I cannot stand planning to receive cards and then not getting them.  I have never had this many problems all at one time before.  And some of these cards I have not been able to find again so far and are rare.  That has put a damper on my enthusiasm for this collection.  I am trying to get out of the funk, but not getting those cards has been frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment