Thursday, May 11, 2023

The Wong Way

People may already be getting tired of Connor Wong posts.  I am pretty excited about this collection right now.  I am trying to vary things a little bit, but these are the frequent maildays right now.

Up first is a card I acquired in a trade on one of the forums:

I have not been able to do many trades specifically for Wong cards, but I have gotten a few as throw-ins in deals.  This trade was for this card in particular.  This is the 2022 Finest Green Refractor Autograph.  I had the Green Wave Refractor earlier.  

Up next is a two-card lot I made an offer for on Ebay, featuring a couple more shades of green:

Here I have the Green Refractor from the largely unnecessary Ben Baller set.  The other card is my first parallel of the Panini Prizm Rookie Autographs.  This is the Teal Donut Circles card serial-numbered to just 13.  The second card was the big draw.

The scan does not do much for this card.  This is the Black Stars Prizm parallel of the Donruss Optic card.  Some of the stars might be slightly visible if you look closely.

Here is the Orange/Black Sonic Pulse Refractor from Topps Sonic.  These are still some of the more interesting parallels I have in this collection to date.  I was not sure I was going to do much with Topps Chrome Sonic, but I find myself really liking these parallels.

I started to feel like the Bowman set was kind of underrepresented in my collection (I only have one parallel to this point) so I grabbed this Neon Green parallel for relatively cheap.  I still have a ways to go on the Bowman stuff.  

The next scan is a collection of four cards I picked up from one big Ebay seller who had a number of cheaper parallels available.

So here are the Orange Prizm from Donruss Optic, the Red Foil from Stadium Club, the Green Dragon Prizm from Optic and the Silver Holo from Optic.  The Green Dragon is my favorite of the bunch, and definitely the most unique.

I splurged a bit on this one, but I targeted it from the beginning.  This is the Red Refractor from Topps Finest Flashbacks.  This picture only appears on this card and its parallels, so I kind of liked it immediately.  Unfortunately, it was not cheap, and I did not think it likely to find another copy any time soon.

This is my favorite Sonic Pulse Refractor so far.  This is the Blue/Yellow.  It kind of reminds me of the City Connect jerseys.  There needs to be a Connor Wong card in that uniform.

In keeping with the effort to add more Bowman variations, I grabbed the Bowman Chrome Autograph Green Refractor, my first Bowman auto of Wong.  This is numbered to 99.  The seller tossed in a freebie.  Eduardo Lopez was Boston's top international free agent signing in the 2018/2019 signing period.  He has had trouble staying on the field.  He is still just 21, but does not appear likely to make the Majors.

This is the Panini Capstone Rookie Materials card, just a basic gray swatch this time.  This is another of those great Panini cards of a catcher in full equipment so you can't tell Panini does not have a Major League license.

Also from Panini Capstone, and using the same photo, is this Crown Autograph.  I can overlook that it is the same photo.

And for the last card today, this is the Refractor version of Stadium Club Chrome.

As usual, there is still a LOT to come.  

2 comments:

  1. I for one have not tired of the Wong cards. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear, because there are still a LOT coming.

      Delete