Tuesday, May 16, 2023

COMC (Check Out My Connors) Order

Early on in moving toward the Connor Wong collection, I decided to place an order on COMC to get a bunch of the lower-end cards I needed, primarily base and low-end parallels.  It was a way to jumpstart the collection.  Unfortunately, it took quite awhile to get in.  No big deal.  This order was originally for 37 cards, but I ended up getting five of them in lots or other deals.  This is undoubtedly the largest single influx of a single player in my Red Sox collection.  There may have been some Sandy Alomar Jr. packages that came close.

So, here is the COMC order:

Highlights here include the Diamond Kings Blue Artist's Proof, Select Tri-Color Prizm and Gypsy Queen Green cards.  I am an unashamed fan of the Diamond Kings set.  The Gypsy Queen cards were my first for that set for Wong.  

Here, I have the Royal Blue parallel from Topps, the Opening Day Blue Foil, the Purple Pattern from Bowman (which is one of the few serial-numbered cards in this package) and the base Ben Baller card.  I still do not understand that set.  

The big one here is the Topps Silver Pack 1987 Chrome Mojo card.  This is my first version of this card.  There is also the Logofractor Future Stars card, Topps Chrome Pink Refractor and Red Frame Diamond King.  

And for the last scan, the big ones are the Pristine Purple Refractor, Topps Green Foil and Panini Chronicles Rookies and Stars.  

This order pushed my total number of Connor Wong cards above 100 and put me firmly in second place on TCDB.  I am coming for that number one spot.  

1 comment: