Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Two Wongs Don't Make a Right (But They Make Me Feel a Whole Lot Better)

That there is a Suicidal Tendencies reference.  Off of the band's 1987 sophomore album.  The crossover/thrash metal band was one I discovered by accident.  My dad found a bag full of cassette tapes by a lake and brought them home when I was young.  This album was included.  It was the only metal album in there.  I saw them in concert a few years back as well.

Anyway, enough of Suicidal Tendencies.  Here are a couple more Connor Wong cards.

The first card is the Purple Speckle Refractor Autograph from Topps Chrome.  I got a decent deal on this one I thought.

And this is the Pink Velocity Prizm card from Donruss Optic.  This was acquired in a trade that I proposed on TCDB.  I have gotten a couple of trades worked out there.  I am trying to work out a few more, but have not had much luck lately.

2 comments:

  1. Man the number of different parallels and variations just exploded during the pandemic didn't it. Woof.
    Great cards though since the purple speckle is at least nice to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it did. There are 900 cards of Wong out there. 900. And that's entirely due to the number of parallels.

      Delete