Thursday, May 18, 2023

The Real One Auto Trade

I had a couple of nice autographs I pulled from packs, an Ozzie Smith and a Joe Carter Fan Favorites.  I was kind of sad to see those cards leave, especially the Smith.  I was a pretty big fan of Smith when I first started watching baseball. But, I managed to work out a deal I was very excited about.

1.  Adrian Gonzalez.  This is the Real One Autograph from 2012 Topps Heritage.  It is my first Adrian Gonzalez autograph and was the key card in the trade.  I always like The Real One autos, but I have rarely added them.  Getting one of A-Gon, who was such a great player for Boston in 2011 is a big deal.

2.  Tanner Houck.  Another The Real One autograph, this one from 2021 Topps Heritage.  This is also my first Houck auto, and I did not have any relics or anything else for him either.

3.  Darwinzon Hernandez.  This is also my first Hernandez auto.  I always thought he had big potential that he could never quite grasp because he could not throw strikes reliably.

4.  Jed Lowrie.  This is not my first Lowrie auto, but I do not have a lot of him.  He was a decent utility player for Boston for a few years and had some very good years after being traded away.

5.  Pedro Martinez.  This was kind of a throw-in, but is a decent insert.

6.  Adam Ottavino.  This was also a throw-in, but it's just my second card of Ottavino.  He was a decent reliever at times during his only season with the Red Sox.

7.  Ted Wills.  Finally, another The Real One Autograph, this time the Red Ink version from 2011.  Wills was with Boston for parts of four seasons, pitching in 42 games with a 6.09 ERA and had a save and a 6-9 record.  It goes without saying, this is also my first Wills auto.

No comments:

Post a Comment