Monday, May 8, 2023

The Wong Show

Connor Wong had a great weekend the last weekend in April and a HUGE game on May 2.  He had a couple hits in each game, including a home run on Sunday.  He also continued to throw out runners attempting to steal.  On May 2, he had four hits, including two home runs and a double.  One of the home runs eventually won the game.  He is starting to make a name for himself.  Unfortunately, Topps did not give him a Topps Now card.  Not sure what more he would have needed to do to get one.

Anyway, on to the new cards:

These two came in on the same day and I intended to have a short post, then the next day I got a bunch more.  These two are the Panini Select Scope parallel and the Aqua/Pink Sonic Pulse Refractor from Topps Chrome Sonic.  I kind of like these Sonic parallels, even if the color schemes are a little strange.  

Here is another Sonic parallel, this one is the Purple/Yellow.  I have a couple more of these coming.

This is the Field Gear Dual from Panini National Treasures.  This is a great-looking card, made even better by the fact that you cannot even tell Panini does not have a Major League license here.  Two patches on the card make it that much more appealing.

I think I may have bid on a copy of this card a few months back, long before I even considered a Connor Wong collection.  I just liked the look of it.  Well, now I actually have it.

I got a hell of a deal on a lot that included this Topps Chrome Gold Wave Refractor autograph.  The pictures were not terribly good.  I got this and the below cards in the lot:

This is the Purple Prizm and the Blue Donut Circles Prizm parallels.  They were in the lot as well.  Not quite as exciting, but it's two more to add to the collection.

Here is the Purple Shimmer parallel, serial-numbered to just seven.  

This is the Donruss Optic Purple Pandora Prizm parallel.  This is a really bad scan that does not show the holographic box pattern.

This may be one of my favorite Wong cards.  This is from Panini Immaculate Collection and is a part from his name on the back of his jersey.  Looks like it might be from the O and N.  It is serial-numbered to two.

Here is another lot I purchased.  I actually lost an auction with these same cards, which was then re-listed.  I won it this time and added the Topps Pristine, Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Signature and Finest Green Wave Refractor Autograph.

And finally, this is the Ben Baller Rose Gold Refractor.  I really do not understand the Ben Baller set.  But, it's more Wong cards to track down.

That's it for now, but there are still a LOT to come.

2 comments: