Saturday, May 13, 2023

My First TCDB Trade

As I discussed earlier on this blog, I decided to start cataloging my collection on Trading Card Database.  I am still working my way through my tradelist, which is taking a LONG time.  Nevertheless, I have enough on there to start making deals.  For now I am focusing on my Connor Wong collection there rather than put my entire Red Sox wantlist up.  

I have been able to make a few deals so far.  I recently got the first one in.  I started out focusing on one Wong card, but the other party declined that one and said he would work out a deal if I came up with a few more cards.  He was a Royals collector so I started putting up more of my Royals tradelist and worked out this deal:

1.  Eduardo Rodriguez.  I was always a big E-Rod fan.  He is having a nice season for Detroit right now.

2.  Carlton Fisk.  I liked this insert set that features players with two of their teams.  It is even better that the pictures have not been used hundreds of times.  

3.  Rick Porcello.  This is actually my favorite card from the deal.  Porcello should be a lot larger in my collection since he is one of just four Red Sox pitchers to win the Cy Young Award.  

4.  Bill Lee.  You can't argue with a card that features Lee's "Spaceman" nickname.

5.  Connor Wong.  And here is the Wong card.  This is the Lime Green Prizm parallel from Donruss Optic.

6.  Darwinzon Hernandez.  This is the third card from my wantlist to get in this deal (Fisk and Porcello were the others).  For some reason I have been getting a few more Hernandez cards lately.  Seems odd.

This is the first TCDB trade, but a few more are coming.  

2 comments: