Sunday, May 21, 2023

Starting to Slow Down

I am starting to get fully caught up on the incoming Wong cards.  There are still a fair number to go, but now that the COMC order and a lot of the Ebay and trades are in, I am starting to run out of incoming cards.  Maybe that just means I need to buy more.

Anyway, here is the next batch:

Up first is the Topps Gallery Printer Proof parallel.  This is a card I acquired in a trade on TCDB.  I have had a reasonable amount of luck grabbing cards through their transaction system.  I find it to be very user-friendly.

Up next is the Bowman Chrome Blue Refractor autograph.  It is sort of odd that Wong did not appear in any Bowman sets with the Red Sox until 2022.  He was a top 20 prospect in the Red Sox system since he was acquired in the Betts deal.

This is the Burnt Umber parallel from Gypsy Queen.  I have to admit, that is not a color parallel I thought I would ever see in a set.

Here is the Blue Camo from Panini Mosaic.  I am a little frustrated right now because I bought a Fluorescent Orange parallel from this set recently, but the Ebay seller never sent it.  Multiple attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.  He just seems to have stopped complying with sales.  I am not the only one.  The problem is that card was pretty rare.  I have yet to find another one.  I also bought a Heritage Red Border, but that seller could not find the card and refunded me.  That's another card I have yet to find again.  

This is the Hobby Foilboard parallel.  I believe these were inserted in small packages in complete sets.  Or something like that.  Keeping track of all of these things is difficult.

This is a new one.  This is my first card from Absolute.  The signature here is on a manufactured piece of leather designed to look like a part of a glove.  Definitely one of the more unique items in my Wong collection.

Up next is the Panini Diamond Kings DK Signature Materials Purple.  I am not sure what exactly these patches are.  They appear to be some sort of laundry tag.  Or something.  The card is numbered to just 20.  Diamond Kings is still one of my favorite sets and I love adding stuff from that set to this collection.

One of the cards on my watchlist that disappeared after Wong's great game early in May was this Green Refractor of the Logofractor autograph.  I had three copies of it watched and they were all gone.  I saw another one or two the next day and those were bought up too.  It took about a week for a new one to show up and rather than putting it on watch and waiting, I just grabbed it.  This is a great card because it is a photo that has not appeared anywhere else yet.  There are so few of those.

Closing things out for today is the rarest card of the post.  This Panini Prizm Gold is serial-numbered to just ten.  Price was decent too for a rare card.

That's it for now.  More to come, but not nearly as many.

No comments:

Post a Comment