Thursday, April 11, 2013

Maildays 04/09 - 04/10

A couple of small and quick packages to show off today.

Up first is yet another Craig Breslow parallel from 2013 Topps.  I like Breslow a lot, probably because of his intelligence.  He is a Yale graduate with degrees in molecular biophysics and biochemistry.  This is one of the wrapper redemption parallel cards.  I got it in a trade because I did not open nearly enough wax to get any myself.

Next is the 2007 Factory Set Bonus Pack of Red Sox.  I have not really been keeping up with these.  I only have the 2004 cards because I do not like to buy the entire factory set when I usually already have all the cards I want from it other than the bonus cards.  Unfortunately not many people break them to sell of the bonus cards either.  So these are usually tough to get and expensive when they are available.  I like this one because of the inclusion of some lesser-known players that I do not have many cards of, such as Eric Hinske, J.C. Romero, and Brendan Donnelly.  It also has new rookie cards of 2007 Japanese sensations Daisuke Matsuzaka and Hideki Okajima.  We all know what eventually happened to them, though Okajima had some sustained success for awhile.

The last one is a very nice card of Carlton Fisk from 2011 Topps.  This is a SP Legends card and it is also a Cognac parallel.  It is a terrific action shot and I am pretty sure it is taken when Fisk hit the game-winning home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series.  I can never get enough Carlton Fisk cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment