Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mail Day 04/04 - This One Deserves Its Own Post

My mail day consisted of two packages of Red Sox cards.  I will not be able to use my scanner for the second one until tomorrow, but luckily I got a scan of this one.  This one really deserves its own post anyway.

I love this card:
This is one of the Hometown Currency Relics from this year's Gypsy Queen, featuring new acquisition Jonny Gomes and a California quarter.  It is also numbered 4/5.  

Like I said, I love this card.  As soon as I saw it on ebay, I had to have it.  It was available on Buy It Now with a Best Offer option.  Someone had already submitted an offer and received a counter-offer, so I needed to act fast.  I submitted my own offer and waited patiently.  I received a counter-offer which I thought was reasonable so I hit it.  

What a great-looking card.  The scan does not do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment