Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Maildays: 04/02 - 04/03

This is a very large mailday post.  I got a lot of stuff in the past two days that I am going to share with you.

04/02/13
The first package was a pretty big trade for a bunch of low-end parallels and inserts.  I like the Franklin Morales cards a lot because I only had the base card of him before.  Then we have a couple of Chrome parallels of Youkilis (numbered to 499) and Crawford.  There were four Hall of Famer cards in this one as well.  I like the Lowrie and Ortiz because, for some reason I never got much of the Timelines stuff.

The second package consisted of some random base cards of 2012 Opening Day and Allen & Ginter, and 2010 Upper Deck.  Most of these cards were on my wantlist.  I also got the Opening Day Stars 3D card of Dustin Pedroia, which I really like, and the 2012 Archives Deckle Edge Yaz.  I am trying to put together as much of the master team set of 2012 Archives as I can, so this was a particularly welcome piece.

Package #3 consisted of one of those Topps Team Sets.  I realized recently that the only ones I had were from 2007 and 2008.  This is the 2009 one and it features alternate pictures of Pedroia, Josh Beckett, Jacoby Ellsbury, Ortiz, J.D. Drew, Jonathan Papelbon, John Smoltz, Brad Penny, Rocco Baldelli, and Jason Bay from those found in the regular Topps set.  I got it mostly because Smoltz, Penny, and Baldelli Red Sox cards are fairly rare.  It also has Wally the Green Monster.  I don't care much for mascot cards myself.

04/03/13
The first package from today mostly hit a bunch of cards off of my Want List.  I made big strides on 2013 Topps Heritage and completed 2013 Topps Series 1.  It also knocked a couple of SPs from last year's Allen & Ginter off and added a few random inserts.  I really like that shot of Pedroia diving to make the play.

I have been seeing a lot of people with the Spring Fever cards and have been attempting to trade for a couple of them.  That finally paid off and I added Pedroia and Will Middlebrooks in the same trade, as well as the two refractors (pretty blue one too) of Clay Buchholz and Kevin Youkilis.  Now if I could just get some of the Blue Sparkles and Giveaway cards...

The next one features some nice parallels of three pitchers.  The Buchholz looks red, but it's really orange.  The Beckett is the retail-only framed parallel, and the Daisuke Matsuzaka is a refractor.

This was a pretty little trade that knocked off two more of my Heritage needs.  Brock Holt was acquired in the Joel Hanrahan trade.  Hopefully Andrew Bailey will be healthy this year.

Finally, the last one included a couple of A&G cards.  The Papelbon jersey was a throw-in because the original card agreed to could not be found.  I will take it.  The Jarrod Saltalamacchia was #10 on my Most Wanted list, so I can finally take one off of that list.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment