Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mailday 04/23

I forgot to bring my cards to work yesterday that I got, so I will make this post today.

Up first is another of those blue sparkle redemptions that were only available by wrapper redemption.  This time it is Dustin Pedroia, probably the best Red Sox card available.  I gave up an old Boog Powell parallel that I had for it.  Pretty good tradeoff.

Next is a pretty large trade that I made on the forums in which I gave up a bunch of Blue Jays inserts.
As you can see, lots of pretty good stuff here.  I really hope Boston re-signs Jacoby Ellsbury.  I love his speed.  He is currently leading the league in stolen bases.  I did not have any of the ruby parallels from last year's Bowman Platinum before this Ellsbury.  I picked up three black parallels from O-Pee-Chee with the Tim Wakefield, Kevin Youkilis and Jed Lowrie.  I have mentioned before that I am kind of going back to pick up a bunch of Adrian Gonzalez cards and this is another example.  The Ellsbury die-cut is my favorite from the package and possibly one of my favorite cards of him period.  I am getting a bunch of Will Middlebrooks stuff these days as well.  Finally we have bronze parallels of Jon Lester and John Lackey from 2010 Topps 206.

No comments:

Post a Comment