Thursday, June 29, 2023

Epic Wong Post: The Return

Once again, let's just get moving.  We all know what is coming.

Topps Orange Foilboard.  One of the many crazy number of parallels from Topps.  Serial-numbered to 299.

Topps Chrome Aqua Refractor.  One of the more interesting colors from Topps Chrome.

Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Signatures White Mojo.  As I have said before, I think I have more parallels of this autograph card than any other one.

Panini Chronicles America's Pastime Material Signatures Green.  Ah, something really rare and interesting.  This is one hell of a patch, along with an autograph and numbered to just five.  It looks like the patch comes from one of the letters (most likely the O) from the team name.

Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Signatures Purple.  Here is yet another parallel from this auto.

Panini Chronicles Origins Signatures Holo-Silver.  This is my third 1/1 in my Connor Wong collection, and my first autographed 1/1.  It will not be the last.

Topps Purple.  This card and the next nine all came from a COMC order.  

Stadium Club Chrome Blue Refractor.  I am still kind of disappointed that the Stadium Club Chrome colored refractors only had the color change in the logo and foil.  A tint would have been better.

Bowman Orange.  Another Bowman parallel.

Panini Select Carolina Blue.  There is also a Light Blue parallel.  One of the reasons behind doing the COMC order was missing out on a Carolina Blue autograph from Panini Prizm.  So I grabbed the Carolina Blue parallels I found on COMC, including this Select parallel.

Panini Diamond Kings Blue Frame.  I try to get as many parallels of this card as possible, it is one of my favorites.

Finest Flashbacks Gold Refractor.  This is another of my favorites.  Unfortunately, I have no hope of completing this run.  The Superfractor showed up on Twitter and sold.  I doubt it will make it back out on the market.  But, maybe.

Panini Prizm Navy Blue - Carolina Blue Prizm.  This was the other Carolina Blue parallel I grabbed.  I remember at one point early on thinking I was not going to attempt to super-collect Wong.  Clearly, that has changed.

Topps Chrome Purple Refractor.  This card took a weirdly-long time to add to my collection for a relatively common parallel.

Topps Chrome Sapphire.  I love this set.  Very cool-looking cards.  Unfortunately, my attempts to get parallels of this card through group breaks has not been going well.

Topps 1st Edition Red Foil.  This is the last card from the COMC order, but not the last card from the post.

Panini Mosaic Choice Fusion Autograph. I was starting to wonder if this card was going to come in.  It showed as "Delivered" on the tracking number, but did not actually come in for several days.

Panini Chronicles Spectra Rookie Jersey Autographs Splatter.  Here is that patch again.  I see this a lot in my Wong cards, but I have no idea what it is.

Panini Select Rookie Jumbo Tri-Color.  This is my third version of this card.  

Panini Diamond Kings Plum Frame.  And yet another parallel of this card.

Topps Japan.  One of the few base cards I had left to get (sort of).

Donruss Optic Blue.  This card is serial-numbered to 75.  

Panini Prizm Rookie Autographs Snakeskin.  This is a really bizarre-looking parallel, but I kind of love it.  This is another card that took a weirdly long time to receive and seemed like it got stuck in one place for about a week.  I am very glad it showed up finally.

Topps Vintage Stock and Topps Gypsy Queen Blue.  I grabbed these two cards together from a Beckett Marketplace seller.  This is the first time I have seen the Vintage Stock parallel.  The Blue Gypsy Queen is one I thought I had, but I actually had the Indigo.

Bowman Chrome Rookie Autograph Refractor.  I did not know there was a regular refractor version of this card at first.  I finally grabbed it though.

Donruss Optic Rated Rookie Signatures Carolina Blue.  And the third time a parallel of this card shows up.  This is still not the one I missed on though.

And that is the last of the cards for this post.  Still more to come, obviously.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized there's a 1/1 casually tossed in the middle of this post lol. So much good stuff at once, your maildays must be impressive at their peak.

    ReplyDelete