Monday, June 12, 2023

Big League Blaster

I was watching for Big League about a month or so ago and never saw it on the shelves.  I have since moved on to watching for Heritage (especially since Connor Wong is in the set), so of course Big League finally shows up.  I went ahead and grabbed one.

1.  Justin Turner.  Turner and J.D. Martinez essentially switched places.  Turner fits in well with Boston, and of course there are several of his former teammates on the team.  Turner is having a decent, if not particularly noteworthy season, this year.  It is his presence in the clubhouse though that has been his biggest asset to this team.

2.  Alex Verdugo.  Verdugo is one of those former teammates.  He has been one of the more consistent players on the team, finally having the kind of season Boston envisioned when he was the primary return in the Mookie Betts deal.  He has a chance to make his first All Star team this year.

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to see Big League in the stores around me. Then again, I haven't been out much.

    ReplyDelete