Saturday, May 16, 2020

Pack Breaks

I had to make a supply run to Walmart the other day.  If I can get close to the baseball cards, I try to grab some.  This time, I managed to grab hanger packs of Opening Day and Gypsy Queen.  I pulled a few random Red Sox.
1.  Michael Chavis.  I seem to be pulling him a lot.  I expect him to be in a lot of sets early on since he was the hot young player for the team last year, even if his final slash line and prolific strikeout numbers are not super exciting.

2.  Eduardo Rodriguez.  I seem to be seeing more of him lately as well.  I am fine with that.  I have been predicting breakout for him for some time.

3.  J.D. Martinez.  Obviously he is in everything as the big power bat in the Red Sox lineup.  His numbers dipped a bit last year, but are more in line with his career numbers.  2018 was the outlier as an insane season.  Either way, he is a fantastic hitter and a worthy successor to David Ortiz as the team DH.

No comments:

Post a Comment