Friday, May 29, 2020

Not-Quite-King Felix

I have talked many times about how much I liked Felix Doubront during his time with the Red Sox.  Like Tzu-Wei Lin right now, I kind of had a mini player collection going throughout 2012 and 2013 when he was a mostly steady member of the rotation.  So, when I saw a 1/1 autograph for less than I paid for my lunch today, I figured I would grab it.
Unfortunately after a couple of decent and promising seasons, Doubront hit the wall in 2014.  He was traded to the Cubs and bounced around afterwards.  He last appeared in the Majors in 2015 with the Oakland Athletics.  Injuries have since apparently ended his career.  All that being said, I still add Doubront cards when I can.  This makes 76.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is a fantastic card! I love the gold sharpie signature.

    ReplyDelete