Tuesday, May 12, 2020

One-Card Wonder Pt. 46: Ken Poulsen

Recently I did a post about a set covering the 1967 Red Sox Impossible Dream season.  Unfortunately, not every player who played for the team that year made it into the set.  It was missing Tony Horton, Bill Landis and Ken Poulsen.  Horton appears in some oddball sets for the Red Sox, but Landis does not.  At first, I thought Poulsen also did not have any cards, until I came across this Fritsch One Card Winner, an oddball set devoted to adding cards of players who did not previously appear on cardboard.  I love this set, and I have Merlin Nippert from it as well. 

Poulsen's Major League career consisted of five games with the Impossible Dream Red Sox.  He doubled in five at-bats.  After the season Poulsen bounced around the Yankees system for a few years, but never again made the Majors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment