Wednesday, May 13, 2020

A 2020 Zippy-Zapping

Another PWE Zippy-Zapping made its way into my mailbox recently.  Two 2020 cards fell out. 

1.  Rafael Devers.  This is one of the Utz cards, a nice food issue from Topps.  These are apparently a regional issue, because I have never heard of the brand before there were cards last year.  This year's was even better because the design and pictures are not just a rehash of the Topps design of the year.

2.  Eduardo Rodriguez.  Yes, this is a Red Sox card, forget those two Astros guys.  E-Rod had a terrific year last year and started to gain some recognition.

Thanks Kenny! 

2 comments:

  1. I never knew that Utz was region specific until this post. It was always a thing around here in the northeast, there's even a big Utz ad in the new Yankee Stadium (there was one in the old one too). Though I never actually ate Utz chips until they started coming with cards.
    Also the E-Rod card makes me chuckle a bit because it features an Astro and a Astro-turned-Yankee, something I know probably ruins the card for Red Sox fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ignore the other players on it personally. And yeah, Utz is not a thing around here.

      Delete