Monday, April 27, 2020

The Jason Varitek Quest for 1,000: #944, 945, and 946

The last several couple years of Jason Varitek's career are not quite as well-covered in my collection.  I sort of drifted away from the Varitek collection in around late 2008.  I am starting to look at finding some of the cards I have missed out on.  Recently, I found a seller that was breaking up sets of some of the rarer Topps parallels and grabbed a few of the Variteks I needed:
The first card is the red-border card that came in small packages in factory sets.  The next two are the rare black parallels.  My favorite is the last one because it is Varitek's All Star card from 2008 Topps Update.  I was surprised I did not have that one already.  Well, I do now.  The Varitek collection is still going strong.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck man, it appears as though a 2012 Sega Card Gen of Jason Varitek just popped up on eBay too (the same seller is listing a Darnell McDonald too). Just wanted to give you that heads up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them. The seller had multiple copies. I'm still waiting to get them though.

      Delete