Friday, April 24, 2020

2020 Donruss Blaster Breaks

After struggling with Heritage, I was considering giving up on packs for awhile.  Then I saw Donruss.  And I caved.  But it worked out pretty well.  In fact, one pack in the first blaster contained FOUR Red Sox cards.  Out of eight.  That is just crazy.  I once opened a pack of 2000 Pacific Invincible with three cards in a pack, two of which were Red Sox cards.  That is still the record for percentage of cards being Red Sox, but this is damn close, and possibly more impressive given how many cards were in the pack.  The last four cards in the scan were the cards from that pack.
1.  Christian Vazquez.  I am anticipating Vazquez will be one player who will skyrocket in my collection.  After his impressive season last year, I think he will be in a lot more sets.

2.  Christian Vazquez.  This is one of the retail purple parallels. 

3.  J.D. Martinez.  

4.  Rafael Devers.  Devers is the other player I think will skyrocket.  He broke out in a huge way last year.  And with Betts moving on, Devers is probably the player who will take over as the face of the franchise. 

5.  Mookie Betts.  It is going to be awhile before Betts cards start showing up with Dodgers logos, so I have about half a year of new Betts Red Sox cards to go.

6.  Rafael Devers.  This is the Milestone Stat Line parallel, numbered to 200.

7.  Wade Boggs.  And here we have the 1986 subset.  I like this subset because it has so many stars from that time period with the teams they were on.  The Red Sox cards are not super-exciting, it could have used someone like Bill Buckner or Tony Armas, or someone completely off the wall like that.

After doing so well in the first blaster, I bought a second.  It did not do as well, but I will say there was a duplicate, so it was a little better than the scan.  
1.  Jim Rice.  Here is another of the 1986 subset cards.  There is also a Roger Clemens.

2.  Mookie Betts.  This is a photo variation.

3.  Mookie Betts.  And the purple parallel of the photo variation.

1 comment:

  1. I once bought a 12-card pack of Stadium Club, and the last 4 cards were all Red Sox! That will probably never happen again!

    ReplyDelete