Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Player-Only Case Break

I tried out one of those player-only case breaks seen on Ebay all the time, picking a player I liked that would be somewhat inexpensive: Christian Vazquez from Gypsy Queen.  I knew he did not have a lot of stuff in the set, just the base and the usual parallels, but I took a chance.  It did not go well:
That's the base card.  No parallels.  I am now the proud owner of about 20 base cards of Christian Vazquez.  Oh well.  At least I got something.  I did try this a couple more times, but I will get to those.

3 comments:

  1. I like how the the guy in the plaid shirt is mirroring Christian's pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll jump in on these player-only breaks every once in awhile. It pays to do your research in the higher end breaks, but regardless of what you buy into it all comes down to luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I won't do a player only break on high end products, unless the price is REALLY worth it. I am reluctant to do teams. I did one time and got nothing. It was not a case break, it was a few boxes of something that had only five cards per box.

      Delete