Thursday, October 25, 2018

Topps Now Road to Opening Day Bonus #7

Okay, maybe I will just take a break if I don't get any new cards in.  That was not the case yesterday when I received two packages.  I will show off one package today and another tomorrow.

The Road to Opening Day purchase keeps on giving.  There have now been seven bonus Red Sox cards.  I forgot that it extended into the postseason.  Which is great, because now we have this:
Brock Holt became the very first player to hit for the cycle in a postseason game when he did it on October 8, 2018 during Boston's 16-1 drubbing of the Yankees in Game 3 of the ALDS.  Holt homered in the ninth inning off of Yankees catcher Austin Romine who was pitching a mop-up inning to cap off the cycle.  This is the second time in his career that Holt has hit for the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment