Monday, October 22, 2018

All Rize

As I am eagerly anticipating 2018 Topps Update and the start of the 2018 World Series, it is time to look at the most recent Tzu-Wei Lin card.  I have been ignoring a release for which there are quite a few Lin cards available.  Rize, which is possibly a Leaf brand, had Lin in its 2012 set, shortly after he signed the huge international contract with the Red Sox.  He also appeared in two insert sets, and there are tons of parallels.  One seller on Ebay seems to have literally everything, which seems very odd and questionable to me.  It is very possible that this set is basically unlicensed like the Broder issues of the 1980's.  So I do not know how much of this stuff I am going to grab, but I will get a few here and there.
This is the Black parallel of the Strength and Honor insert.  This is just the picture that was on the Ebay listing because I do not have my scanner at home right now.  Mine is serial-numbered 09/50.  Again, these are not terribly impressive cards in person, and there is definitely something fishy about one seller having literally everything.  But, these cards are listed on Beckett, so maybe they are legit.  Again, I will probably pick stuff up here and there, but probably not go nuts over them.


No comments:

Post a Comment