Friday, October 5, 2018

Sale Day

Chris Sale will be taking the mound later on today in Game 1 of the ALDS.  He had a terrific season this year and looked like the front-runner for the Cy Young Award at long last, until he went down with a shoulder injury.  Hopefully that is in the past and he will turn in a vintage Sale performance today.

I recently completed a trade in which all three cards I received were Chris Sale inserts.
1.  2017 Topps Update 1987.  1987 Topps is still an iconic design.  It was one of my favorite designs as soon as I discovered it.  By the way, my first 1987 Topps card was Glenn Hoffman.

2.  2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Tarot of the Diamond.  I really like this design, which is made to look like a tarot card.  A very interesting concept.

3.  2018 Topps Deckle Edge.  I always get disappointed when I pull these cards.  The blue signatures look so much like autographs that they cause me to do a double take.  Incidentally, I own two Chris Sale autos with the Red Sox.

Good luck today, Chris.

And now, for a new feature.  What am I listening to today?

1 comment:

  1. Incorporating metal songs into your blogposts? Nice. I approve.

    ReplyDelete