Tuesday, October 30, 2018

The Next Lin Wave

Obviously, most of the cards I have incoming lately have been Tzu-Wei Lin cards.  I have been a little surprised by some of the cards that have popped up lately.  You will see what I mean in this post.
2013 Leaf Best of Baseball.  I have never even seen this card before it showed up on Ebay recently.  Until recently, I was not even aware of it.  Now that being said, this is not a terribly impressive card.  With the lack of an MLB license, card stock and finish, the card reminds me more of some food issue oddballs from the early 1990's and not a high-end product.  It is serial-numbered to 25.

Up next are a couple of parallels of the most recent autograph card.  They did not come in the same package, but I put them together for the scan because they came on the same day:
This is the black and the gold parallels of the 2018 Topps Update 1983 Autograph of Lin.  I love these cards.  This is one of the best designs and shots for Lin cards so far.

I posted recently that this one had been available earlier in the summer but seemingly disappeared:
This is the Atomic Refractor of the 2018 Bowman Talent Pipeline card.  Groome missed the entire season.  Chavis was suspended for 80 games but came back strong and is still the team's top prospect.  Lin had a very nice season in Triple-A and will hopefully be on the Major League roster for good next season.

And next, the card I am happiest about:
This is the Finest Orange Wave Refractor, getting me one card closer to the Finest rainbow.  I now need just the Red Wave and the Superfractor.  Of course both are very rare.

And finally, another of the 1983 inserts:
This is the Red parallel, numbered to just 25.  All I need is the Platinum now, the 1/1.

I am now up to 77 Tzu-Wei Lin cards.  He appears in the 2018 Topps Archives Snapshots set now too, meaning more cards are coming.  Lin did not make it onto the World Series roster, though he did stay with the team just in case.


No comments:

Post a Comment