Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pickups from the Weekend

I am going to throw all of this stuff into one scan because it's kind of annoying to do multiple scans for one or two cards each.
1.  2013 Topps Turkey Red Autographs Jerry Sands.  This will likely be the only card of Sands with the Red Sox unless he ends up going back someday.  Sands was part of the big Dodger trade last year but was not officially acquired by the Red Sox until after the season because he had to clear waivers.  Then, he was traded to Pittsburgh in the ill-fated Joel Hanrahan trade.  So yeah, that picture is airbrushed.  Sands never appeared in a Red Sox uniform.

The Turkey Red cards were only available online in five-card boxes for $24.99.  That's why I never bought any.

2.  2013 Topps Archives 4-in-1 Ted Williams/Frank Robinson/Carl Yastrzemski/Miguel Cabrera.  This card shows the last four players to win the AL Triple Crown.  Williams won it twice.  I got it and the next card in exchange for the Day Glo parallel of Derek Jeter.  I personally dislike Jeter but he has a huge fanbase so it is pretty easy to trade them off for cards I want.

3.  2013 Topps Archives Mini Tallboy Fred Lynn.  I need just the Mike Greenwell now to have all five Red Sox Tallboy inserts.

4.  2013 Topps Mike Napoli.  I bought a blaster of Topps Series 2 after my good break the last time.  This one was not quite as good...

5.  2013 Topps Target Red Shane Victorino.  ...Though it did get me this one.

Here are the remaining highlights from the break:

No comments:

Post a Comment