Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pack Breaks from Topps Series 2

I was recently at Wal Mart and decided to pick up a blaster of Topps Series 2 since I did not have much of the Red Sox base team set.  Unfortunately they did not have any blasters so I picked up two of the hanging packs.  Immediately after buying them I was a little annoyed with myself because I remembered how badly collated they were from buying several over the last couple of years.

Soon after opening my second one, I found I was correct.  I have at least 20 duplicates from those two packs, but I did have a nice turn-out for Red Sox:
1.  2013 Topps John Lackey.  What a nice season Lackey is having coming back from injury.  This is one card of which I have duplicates.

2.  2013 Topps Ryan Lavarnway.  This is another.  I now have the gold parallel and the base card for Lavarnway.

3.  2013 Topps Wal Mart Blue Clay Buchholz.  It would appear he will not be back until after the All Star Break.  I now have the red and blue versions of this card.

4.  2013 Topps Wal Mart Blue Jose Iglesias.  Is it time to start thinking Rookie of the Year?  I still think it's early, but he is playing very well.  I also have the red version of this as well.

5.  2013 Topps Chasing History Holofoil Gold Fred Lynn.  There were a lot of these gold versions of these in the packs.  I suspect that is normal based on the sheer number of them.

I wanted to show off my tradebait, but forgot to bring it all in to work.  I did bring this one though and it is undoubtedly the highlight.  My luck with relics and autos continued: 
Of course it was just announced that Bundy will be undergoing Tommy John surgery, so I may hang on to this for a little while (unless I am blown away by an offer).  But I should point out it is serial-numbered 10/10.  One hell of a pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment