Thursday, June 20, 2013

Group Break from Nachos Grande

I recently had an opportunity to do my first group break on the blogosphere when I took part in the 2013 Archives break over at Nachos Grande.  I do not always have the best luck in the world with packs and boxes so I figured I would rely on someone else to pull some good Red Sox for me.  I had bought in on some breaks last year on ebay that did not go terribly well, but I figured with three boxes, I should get something.

Here are the new Red Sox cards:
1.  2013 Topps Archives Will Middlebrooks.  Middlebrooks is getting very large in my collection.  Hopefully his bat will start to come around, otherwise he might find himself on the way out.

2.  2013 Topps Archives Ted Williams.  I love that The Splendid Splinter has found his way into Topps sets this year.

3.  2013 Topps Archives David Ortiz.

4.  2013 Topps Archives Mini Tallboy Dwight Evans.  I still think he belongs in the Hall.

5.  2013 Topps Archives Mini Tallboy Will Middlebrooks.  More Middlebrooks.

6.  2013 Topps Archives Mini Tallboy Ellis Burks.  Burks was an early favorite player of mine.  He won the Gold Glove and Silver Slugger in 1990 for Boston.

7.  2013 Topps Archives Fred Lynn SP.  Nice 1975 design here.  Lynn of course had his RC in 1975 Topps

8.  2013 Topps Archives Ellis Burks SP.

9.  2013 Topps Archives Dwight Evans SP.  And thus I have all of the SPs for the Red Sox from the set.

So there you have it.  I just wish there had been an auto.  If anyone has the Dennis Boyd auto, I really need it..

Thanks Chris!

2 comments:

  1. No auto but a lot of short prints! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled with the SPs and the Tallboys, do not get me wrong. There are some very nice cards here.

    ReplyDelete