Wednesday, June 5, 2013

O-Cab!

I just got one card in the mail today.  This is the 2005 World Champions Relics card of Orlando Cabrera.  I had the jersey version on my wantlist because I recently bought it on Ebay but the idiot seller never sent it to me and never responded to any emails.  He stiffed another person too.  Anyway, this is the bat version but I will count it towards the card on my list.  If I see the jersey I will get it, but I won't worry too much about it.
I never understood why Boston did not re-sign Orlando Cabrera at the end of the year.  He had a decent half-season with them, seemed to be able to handle the pressure of filling Nomar's shoes and playing for Boston quite well and seemed to get along very well with David Ortiz, and he always looked like he was having a great time.  But for some reason Boston had their hearts set on Edgar Renteria.  I liked that signing at the time, but it did not work out well.  They should have held on to Orlando Cabrera.

No comments:

Post a Comment