Thursday, February 23, 2023

Topps Chrome Update Group Break

I tried out another group break on Ebay, this time a multi-box break of Topps Chrome Update.  Here are the results:

1.  Rich Hill.  This is the purple refractor.  I think I have mentioned before that Hill used to be one of the kings of the Red Sox With No Cards.  I think that honor goes to either Andrew Miller or Scott Atchison now.  Hill will be 43 in 2023, yet still pitches like someone ten years younger.

2.  David Ortiz.  This is one of the Diamond Greats cards.  I really liked this insert set in the base set, but the Chrome version is not quite as cool because it is not die-cut.  

3.  Xander Bogaerts.  This is from the All Star insert set, hence the weird charcoal-colored uniform.  I don't like these All Star uniforms, I always thought it was cool to see all of the team uniforms in the All Star Game.  Bogaerts was a four-time All Star with the Red Sox.

4.  Jarren Duran.  Here is another purple refractor of the over-exposed outfielder.  I wonder if Topps will make many cards of him in 2023.

5.  Jarren Duran.  Oddly, this is the only base card I received in this break.  I have no explanation for that.

6.  Rafael Devers.  One card closer to 300.  This is the Generation Now insert.  I could have gotten a couple of other Devers cards, but at least I got an insert.  

7.  Wade Boggs.  Another Diamond Greats card, this one of my first favorite player.

8.  Rob Refsnyder.  And another purple refractor.  This makes four Refsnyder cards, currently tied for second among the new acquisitions in 2022.  Not bad for a guy that was a minor league free agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment