Saturday, February 25, 2023

Archives Blaster and Prizm Jumbo Pack

I have been picking up more packs and stuff recently, as might be obvious from the posts.  One day I grabbed an Archives blaster and a couple of Prizm jumbo packs.  The results were okay, but not particularly great.

1.  Xander Bogaerts.  Wait, so the 1987 design was used in both the insert set in flagship AND one of the designs from Archives?  That's definitely overkill.  But, to talk about something a little more positive, Bogaerts made big strides defensively in 2022.  He was a finalist for the Gold Glove and recorded career-best marks in UZR and DRS.  

2.  Alex Verdugo.  Nice view of the chains Verdugo wears around his neck.  I engaged in a Twitter discussion about favorite current Red Sox other than Devers.  I decided that I believe Verdugo is probably my second-favorite player on the current team.  

3.  Nathan Eovaldi.  The best card of the break is this Red, White & Blue parallel of Eovaldi.  It is the only non-base Red Sox card I got as one of the retail-only special parallels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment