Thursday, February 16, 2023

2022 Stadium Club Blaster

I look forward to Stadium Club every year because of the amazing photography.  So far, I have attempted to not look into what the photos are so that I can be surprised when I get the Red Sox cards.  This blaster had just 40 cards in it, so I was not expecting much.  I did end up beating the odds by pulling two Red Sox cards.

1.  Connor Seabold.  Seabold was acquired in the trade that sent Brandon Workman and Heath Hembree to the Phillies.  Seabold was considered at the time to be the big piece as he was an impressive pitching prospect.  Unfortunately, that has not worked out and the other piece, Nick Pivetta, has been more impressive.  Seabold got roughed up in the Majors last season.  He went 0-4 in five starts and had an ERA of 11.29, striking out 19 and walking eight in 18.1 innings.  Seabold was traded to the Rockies recently.  This is a somewhat ordinary action picture of Seabold pitching, though I do like the ball suspended in the air.

2.  J.D. Martinez.  Martinez signed with the Dodgers, so neither of these players is still with Boston.  But, this pic is definitely my favorite of the two, featuring a shot of the home run cart and the City Connect uniforms.  It is going to be tough to top this picture from this set, but I never discount Stadium Club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment