Saturday, February 18, 2023

Another A&G Blaster

I was itching to open some packs one night and decided to grab another blaster of Allen & Ginter.  I only had one base card from the team set, so I figured it was unlikely to pull any duplicates.

Well, it's tough to go wrong with a couple of Hall of Famers.

1.  Pedro Martinez.  Every Pedro Martinez start in Boston was an event.  It was simply incredible to see how much of an impact he had on the crowd.  He may have been the greatest pitcher I have ever seen during his 1999-2000 seasons.  I am so glad I was able to watch him at his best. 

2.  Ted Williams.  On the other hand, I missed out on Williams's career.  The only thing I saw from Williams was his appearance at the 1999 All Star Game, which Martinez started and won the All Star Game MVP Award.  Williams was brought onto the field for the All Century Team celebration and it was definitely an outpouring of awe from the players at the game.  

No comments:

Post a Comment