Wednesday, January 25, 2023

National Trading Card Day

I never know when this whole thing is.  Not having a local card shop means that it is kind of hard to care since I do not get to partake in any of the events.  So, I usually just try to add whatever special Red Sox cards might be available.

This time around, I grabbed the single of Trevor Story.  Story was the big Red Sox acquisition going into 2022, but due to injuries and other assorted health maladies, he didn't play much.  That seems like it will be the case going into 2023 as well.  He had elbow surgery a couple weeks ago and will miss the first couple months of the season, at least.

This card is clearly photo-shopped.  You can always tell.  Topps has this weird thing about photo-shopping the team logo on the hats.  I have no idea why.  The team has never worn that logo on their hats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment