Saturday, January 7, 2023

2022 Gypsy Queen Break

Up next was an attempt at a Gypsy Queen blaster.  I saw that there were image variations for the City Connect uniforms.  I was hoping for one of those, but I didn't get one.

Here is what I did get:

1.  Nathan Eovaldi.  Eovaldi is one of the players that had a City Connect variation.  I got the base card at least.  Eovaldi signed with the Rangers as a free agent this week.  His time in Boston is over.  When healthy, he was a great pitcher, that just was not often enough.  In five season, Eovaldi was 26-18 with a 4.05 ERA in 461.2 innings pitched.  He struck out 468 batters.  He had a reputation for being a big-game pitcher.  His best season was 2021 when he finished fourth in the Cy Young vote.

2.  Rafael Devers.  This is a GQ Gems insert.  This is notable for its unusual size.  I am likely going to be focusing on getting a bunch of Devers cards soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment