Friday, December 23, 2022

2022 Topps Series One Blaster Break

This is how far behind I still am.  This set came out in February and I bought this blaster soon after the release.  It is going to take awhile to catch up, but I am working on it.

Anyway, here was the break from my first blaster of 2022.

1.  Enrique Hernandez.  Hernandez is quickly becoming the king of great action shots in Topps products.  Every single card picture tends to be an impressive shot.  Hernandez signed an extension during the 2022 season and will be back in 2023, barring an unforeseen trade.

2.  Jose Iglesias.  The only non-base card from my break was this Royal Blue parallel.  Iglesias was acquired late in the season in 2021 to play the middle infield and went on a tear.  He hit .356 during his second stint with the Red Sox.  

3.  Christian Vazquez.  I am disappointed that Boston traded Vazquez and did not bring him back after the season.  He was one of my favorite players on the team.  It's been a rough few years for my fandom.  

4.  Bobby Dalbec.  Here, Dalbec is cursed with the Future Stars label.  Dalbec took a big step backwards in 2022 in almost all facets of the game.  Triston Casas looks like he may be supplanting him as the first-baseman in 2023.  Dalbec is still on the team.

5.  Xander Bogaerts.  And here is another favorite player who is now gone from the team.    

No comments:

Post a Comment