Friday, September 28, 2018

Honus Bonus Time

A couple of small PWEs were in my mail this morning, which would help my Lin collection.  I have been looking forward to both of them, for different reasons.  One was very late and I was concerned I was never going to get it, and the other finally included the last base card I needed.
1.  2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Green Tzu-Wei Lin.  This was a one-card package and was the one that was incredibly late.  I suspect the hurricane might have been partially at fault for the delay.  This is Lin card #53 and means I have now picked up six parallels before getting the base card.  That will be it though, as you will later see.

The next two scans came from the same package.  One result of my recent Honus Bonus box was that I was able to make a trade with another team collector who needed some Mets cards from the set.  I still needed some Red Sox, so we helped each other out.
2.  2017 Honus Bonus Clay Buchholz.  I was concerned while this package was en route that the Buchholz card would list his team as "Philadelphia" on the back.  It didn't, and so this makes card #141 of Clay Buchholz in my collection.

3.  2017 Honus Bonus Craig Kimbrel.  This is only card #36 of Craig Kimbrel.  I have a ways to go.  Kimbrel is the highest profile potential free agent the Red Sox need to make a decision about this upcoming offseason.

4.  2017 Honus Bonus Jackie Bradley Jr.  This is card #125 of JBJ.  For quite a while Betts, Bogaerts, and Bradley were in close competition.  Mookie (167) has pulled way ahead and Bogaerts (135) has started to leave JBJ in the dust too.

The package included one more card:
5.  2018 Topps Gypsy Queen Tzu-Wei Lin.  Finally.

1 comment: