Tuesday, September 25, 2018

A Zippy Zapping

The other day a package appeared in my mailbox.  That package promised a Zippy Zapping.  Those are always a pleasant surprise.  The package contained what I have come to expect: a couple prospect cards and a Sega Card-Gen card.  And boy, is this one a good one:
1.  Choice Top Prospects Eduard Bazardo.  Bazardo is not a well-known prospect in the Red Sox system.  He profiles as a reliever, so it is not likely that he will be burning up the team's Top Prospect lists.

2.  Choice Top Prospects Jarren Duran.  Duran was the team's seventh round pick in this year's draft.  He was extremely impressive, hitting .357 between Greenville and Lowell.  He also stole 24 bases.  It is too early to tell whether he will continue at that rate, but it was a good debut season.

3.  2010 Sega Card-Gen David Ortiz.  This is the big card from the package.  The Zippy Zappings have been my only source for these Japanese cards and this is the biggest name player to date to arrive in my collection.

Thanks a ton, Kenny!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the cards. I hope the extras I sent can net you some spare change.

    ReplyDelete