Monday, August 27, 2018

Trade Roundup

Here is a roundup of some recent trades.

First up, I recently pulled a Darryl Strawberry auto from Topps Big League.  I found a Mets fan that I have previously traded with on the forums and, after trying for some young star autos, offered it up for a package of some rare Red Sox, and a Hall of Famer autograph.  He adjusted my offer somewhat, but I still got a lot of what I really wanted out of it.

Here is my haul for the Strawberry auto:
1.  2013 Topps Museum Collection Autographs Jim Rice.  I already had a couple of Rice autos, but I wanted at least one decent auto for the Strawberry auto.  This was the best I could do, and Rice is a Hall of Famer, so no problems here.

2.  2018 Diamond Kings The 500 Manny Ramirez.  Ramirez is one of four players to hit their 500th home run with the Red Sox, including David Ortiz, Ted Williams, and Jimmie Foxx.  This insert featured every one but Foxx, unfortunately.

3.  2014 Topps Update Edward Mujica.  It does not look like much, but you have to look very carefully at the bottom of his glove.  You can see a sparkle, making this one of the ultra rare Sparkle Variations.  I am not sure why they chose Mujica for this, but that just makes it that much more interesting.

4.  2016 Topps Throwback Thursday 1969 Mod Squad Mookie Betts/David Ortiz/David Price.  Using the 1969 Mod Squad set as a design for three players for each team, Boston's picks were fairly easy for 2016.  This was one of the cards I most wanted to find, and so it feels good to finally add it to my collection.

Not a bad haul for a Strawberry auto.

Up next is a trade that added my eighth Lin card:
1.  2018 Stadium Club Red Foil Tzu-Wei Lin.  So far, this is my favorite photo appearing on a Lin card.  I love the Fenway backdrop, and an angle we do not often see on cards.

It also came with these:
2.  2018 Stadium Club Red Foil Craig Kimbrel.  The red foil cards were the beginning of the trade.  I tried to get Sale as well, but someone else got him first.

3.  2018 Topps Gallery Masterpiece Mookie Betts.  I love the classic Topps Gallery design here.  Just terrific.

4.  2017 Topps Holiday Mookie Betts.  Terrific action shot.

5.  2018 Topps Legends in the Making Mookie Betts.  How about three Mookies?

6.  2007 Topps Update Gold Doug Mirabelli.  Mirabelli is probably my all-time favorite backup catcher.  He did a terrific job offensively and defensively and was Tim Wakefield's personal catcher.  There are unfortunately far too few cards of him available.

7.  2010 Topps Update Gold Josh Reddick.  One of multiple young players Boston traded for relief help that turned into stars.  Jed Lowrie, Mark Melancon, Travis Shaw, and Manuel Margot are some others.  They need to stop doing that.

And finally, a Topps Chrome trade:
1.  2018 Topps Chrome Chris Sale.  He looks angry.

2.  2018 Topps Chrome Craig Kimbrel.  He looks like he just completed a save.

3.  2018 Topps Chrome Purple Refractor Andrew Benintendi.  I do not really understand the different picture from his base Topps card.

4.  2018 Topps Chrome 1983 Rafael Devers.  Devers is having a disappointing season, but he should not be given up on.  Xander Bogaerts did too and looked what he turned into.

No comments:

Post a Comment