Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Living Set: Mo Vaughn

It is so cool to see so many Mo Vaughn cards being made lately.  I said recently I have been feeling kind of nostalgic about Mo Vaughn, an early favorite player of mine.  Vaughn was a rookie the year I started watching baseball, so I kind of felt like I grew up watching him.  Plus, he was SUCH a great hitter during his time in Boston.  I had difficulties seeing Wade Boggs, Roger Clemens and Mike Greenwell leave Boston, but I think the one that really hurt the most was Mo Vaughn.  He is someone who really should have spent his entire career in Boston.  

2 comments:

  1. Mo Vaughn's father, Leroy Vaughn, appeared on the 1956 Topps Baltimore Colts team football card, though I don't believe he ever played in the regular season. If you squint, you can see him in the back row, #46. https://www.footballcardgallery.com/card/56t/48/1956-topps-baltimore-colts-team/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got the Mo Vaughn for my Living Set collection as well. Always liked watching tye big fella hit.

    ReplyDelete