Thursday, February 29, 2024

2024 Topps Series 1 Breaks

My wife drove to Rochester, NY to get a dog one weekend recently and I was bored so I decided to track down some 2024 Topps.  Luckily I did not have to go far.  I ended up grabbing a blaster and one of those jumbo hanger packs.  Here are the Red Sox cards:

1.  David Hamilton.  This is the only card I got in the hanger pack.  Hamilton was one of the prospects acquired when Boston sent Hunter Renfroe to the Brewers for Jackie Bradley Jr.  He made his Major League debut last year and speed is his best tool.  He played in 15 games and stole two bases while hitting .121.  He is going to have to improve on that if he is going to be given another shot in the Majors.

2.  Connor Wong.  Can't complain here.  I got the base card right away.  I have been buying up parallels, but left the base card.  I have not gotten a lot of Wong cards in packs, but there have been a few.

3.  Nick Robertson.  Robertson was one of the players acquired when Boston sent Enrique Hernandez back to the Dodgers.  He appeared in nine games with the Red Sox with a 6.00 ERA, striking out 13 and walking five in 12 innings.  Robertson was traded to the Cardinals after the season as part of the package in exchange for Tyler O'Neill.

4.  Masataka Yoshida.  One player I do not have any trouble pulling cards of is Yoshida.  This is one of the Holiday parallels.  Yoshida is expected to primarily play DH this season.  I love that this card features the City Connect uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment