Friday, January 5, 2024

Topps Chrome Sapphire Update Rare Gems and Wongs

Topps Chrome Sapphire is one of the more unnecessary sets out there.  Yet another parallel of the flagship set, it is admittedly an attractive set, but there just does not need to be so many retreads of the basic set.  But, Connor Wong made it into the Update set, so here I am buying a bunch of singles.

1.  Topps Chrome Update Sapphire Red.  This card is serial-numbered to just five.  I grabbed this one right away because it took a long time to get the 2022 card.

2.  Topps Chrome Update Sapphire Padpardascha.  I don't even know what that word is.  I had not heard of it before.  This is one of the 1/1s.  There is a Superfractor.  This was a bit more than I really wanted to spend, but I had to have it.

3.  Topps Chrome Update Sapphire Orange.  Serial-numbered to 25.  I still need the Orange, Black and Superfractor.

4.  Topps Update Ghost Foil.  This is another of the Halloween-themed Update parallels.  Still a few more of these to grab too.

5.  Panini Immaculate Black Prime.  Serial-numbered to 26 and featuring an autograph and a prime relic patch.

6.  Topps Mini Red.  Serial-numbered to five.  

Last for the day is a few Sapphire base singles.  A seller on Ebay was selling a bunch of these singles for reasonably cheap.  I grabbed three of them.

1.  Rob Refsnyder.  Refsnyder was not nearly as good in 2023 as he was in 2022.  He is under contract through the 2024 season and can still hit lefties, so I expect him back.

2.  Richard Bleier.  I talked about him recently.  He was released during the season, so he is no longer with the team.

3.  Connor Wong.  Of course I had to grab this one.

That's it for today.  I am getting close to catching up.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with everything you said about Topps Chrome Sapphire. I really like the original atomic refractor parallel design but it does not need to come in these many different colors. Great cards all the same though.

    ReplyDelete