Thursday, January 25, 2024

Heritage High Numbers Blaster

I had been looking for one of these for awhile and finally found one.  There were not a ton of new Red Sox cards in Heritage High Numbers, and even fewer players who were new to the team, but I still wanted to grab a blaster and see what I could pull.  Not much, but here are the Red Sox I pulled:

1.  Reese McGuire.  After seeing a scan of this card, it was the one I most wanted to pull.  What a great action shot with him in full catchers' gear.  It reminds me a little bit of my favorite Red Sox card from the 1970's, the Fisk 1974 Topps card:

2.  Enmanuel Valdez.  Valdez is a guy I seem to pull a lot already.  It's sort of amazing how much he looks like Juan Soto at the plate.  I'm not saying I expect him to hit like that, but the swing is definitely similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment