Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Allen & Ginter and Update Blasters

Recently I was in the mood to open some retail.  I have not been doing much for that for awhile.  I was hoping to find Heritage High Numbers, but that was not available, so I grabbed another blaster of Update and one of Allen & Ginter.  I still needed quite a few singles from each of the sets.

1.  David Ortiz.  I still don't get tired of seeing Ortiz in sets.

2.  Cy Young.  This is from the Spotless Spans insert set and covers a hitless innings streak Young threw in 1904.  It's always fun to get players from the Deadball Era, but I would love to see a set come out that really focused on it.

3.  Masataka Yoshida.  I have been pretty good at pulling Yoshida cards so far.  Now granted, there were a lot of them this year.  

4.  Ted Williams.  Another great player that I always enjoy pulling cards of.  This Spotless Spans card celebrates Williams reaching base in 84 consecutive games in 1949.

5.  Richard Bleier.  I was pretty happy to pull this Jack O'Lantern parallel from my Update blaster.

6.  Triston Casas.  Casas is another player I have had some luck pulling lately.  

7.  Caleb Hamilton.  Hamilton is new to my collection with this card.  Hamilton made his Major League debut in 2022 with the Twins.  He was picked up by the Red Sox off of waivers and made it into four Major League games in 2023, spending most of the year in the minors.  He failed to get a hit in six plate appearances, walking once.  He didn't hit much at Worcester either and was granted free agency after the season.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the random inclusions like Caleb Hamilton. Always one every year in flagship.

    ReplyDelete