Tuesday, November 22, 2022

2021 Topps Archives Blaster (or Two)

I do not remember if this was one or two blasters.  Archives is one of the sets that I look forward to every year, primarily due to the Fan Favorites autograph set.  2021's set only featured Nomar Garciaparra, who was a rarer pull.  I have yet to get that one, and do not see paying out three figures for it.  Anyway, here are the pulls:

1.  Carl Yastrzemski.  I love any chance to see the late 1970's uniforms, particularly the red hats.  My first Red Sox hat was one of these.  

2.  Tanner Houck.  Houck is a pitcher who has yet to find a set role in Boston.  At times this last season, he was a starter and at other times a closer.  Coming in to 2023, he will likely be in the bullpen.  Houck has an absolutely filthy slider.

3.  Rafael Devers.  Reports are encouraging that Boston will lock up Devers for a long-term contract.

4.  David Ortiz.  Ortiz was elected to the Hall of Fame in his first year on the ballot this year.  A well-deserved honor for one of the most important players in Red Sox history.

5.  Alex Verdugo.  In the second half of 2022, Verdugo finally started to show some of the talent that made him a target in the Mookie Betts deal.  Hopefully he can build on it for 2023 and break through.

6.  Bobby Dalbec.  Dalbec may be trade bait this offseason.

2 comments:

  1. Man, I loved the 2011 Topps design (slightly biased since it was my first year in the hobby). I'm a bit happy to see it reused again.

    ReplyDelete