Thursday, July 14, 2022

Plawecki Auto

I had to grab this card:

Autographs and relics have generally not been as important to me as they were about 15 years ago, but I still generally try to grab at least one for each player.  So when something shows up for say, a backup catcher, you know I have to track it down.  That is what happened here.

Kevin Plawecki has been the Red Sox backup catcher since 2020.  He was my Underrated Player of the Year that first year.  Generally, defense has been his strong point, but Plawecki has shown an impressive ability for contact hitting.  He was very good at putting the ball in play last year, which led to him being used in some important clutch moments.  Unfortunately, he has declined dramatically this season, leading likely to the end of the road for Plawecki in Boston.

This is the purple version of the Donruss Optic Signature Series card.

2 comments:

  1. I similarly grabbed a Plawecki auto when he was a Met. Actually completed my trifecta of him a few months ago at a show. Definitely one of the more random guys I have a trifecta of, but I always liked him and I'm glad he seems to have found his place with the Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't mean that last comment to be anonymous. It was me!

    ReplyDelete